The Youth program is a federally funded Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program that offers assistance in supporting youth to obtain their high school diploma, GED, or post-secondary certificate/training, and to enter employment. The program encourages youth to complete their education and training by offering case management and supportive services. Services provided are based on individual need and availability of funding.
Youth can apply for this program if they meet the following requirements:
- Ages 16-24
- Face a challenge to employment
- Tutoring, study skills training
- Work experience that includes academic and occupational education
- Occupational skill training that aligns with local industry sectors or occupations
- Workforce preparation activities and training
- Leadership development opportunities, including community service
- Supportive Services
- Adult mentoring
- Follow-up services
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Financial literacy education.
- Entrepreneurial skills training.
- Labor market and employment information about in-demand industry sectors
- Preparation for transition to post-secondary education and training
For more information in Russell, Tazewell, Dickenson and Buchanan Counties, contact Clinch Valley Community Action at the Appalachian One Stop Center and Richlands Business Incubator at (276) 963-2660 or email@example.com
For more information in Lee, Scott, and Wise Counties and the City of Norton, contact People Incorporated of Virginia at the Pioneer Center in Duffield, VA at (276) 431-3594 or firstname.lastname@example.org